Sunday 14 March 2010

Honey and rose bath melts

I've been trying out some herbal bath recipes recently. I wanted to make something with honey to support the Herb Society's Bee Aware campaign to raise awareness of the decline of the honey bee. You can find out about bee-friendly herbs you can grow in an article by Debs Cook on the Herb Society web site.

This recipe makes a really luxurious, moisturising bath melt, although I've kept them in the fridge as the honey makes them a bit sticky.

The recipe I've used is adapted from one I found on the Natural Skin Care Made Easy website:

85g cocoa butter
5g oatmeal
1 tablespoon honey
rose petals
rosewood, geranium and ylang ylang essential oils (about 20 drops)

Melt the cocoa butter in a bain-marie, stir it pretty much continuously as it cools. Wait as long as possible before adding the other ingredients. As soon as you've added them pour them into a mold and put them in the fridge to solidify.
Share on Facebook

4 comments:

  1. This sounds great! I am going to give them a try. Thanks.

    Lynne
    P S I signed the petition at http://vanishingbees.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo these look great, I'll definitely be giving them a go soon. Honey, oats, rose and cocoa butter are some of my favourite things so it's sure to be a winner! Thanks :) Lucinda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for mentioning my website Natural Skincare Made Easy dot org. I have been absent for a little while due to family stuff but am now back to updating the site regularly with new recipes and information so do drop by from time to time to check it out. I love your blog... packed with loads of good information... x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jane,

    Thanks for dropping by - look forward to seeing what's new on your site.

    Best wishes,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete