Sunday 31 January 2010

UK Herbarium Blog Party: Emerging from winter with herbs

The next UK Herbarium Blog Party is on 20th February and is being hosted here on Apotheblogary. The topic for this month is 'Emerging from winter with herbs', herbal recipes to help us shake off the winter blues and put the 'spring' in our step!

I love the winter months for the hibernation and snuggling away by the fire. But now its that time of year when I start longing for spring, and even though I'm encouraged by having seen some snow drops pushing up last week, the warmer seasons still feel a long way off.

We often hear about herbal recipes to help you get through the winter - elderberry, rosehip, sage and more - but not so much about herbal pick-me-ups to help us emerge from winter. At the moment I'm drinking Nettle, St. John's Wort and Rosemary tea as my 'elevensies' herbal cuppa (approx 1 teaspoon each of Nettle & St. John's Wort, and 1/2 teaspoon Rosemary). Perhaps you'd like to join me across cyberspace for a cup while you're writing (or reading) about your favourite herbs and herbal recipes for shaking off the winter cold and grey days?
Share on Facebook

2 comments:

  1. What a nice tea blend!
    I made a cuppa with fresh nettle, SJW and rosemary and it is lovely.
    To get an idea of your tasty tea I will dry some of this herbs and will drink it on the 20th.
    For now I will enjoy the fresh herb tea while writing a post for the party ;-)

    Greetings from New Zealand
    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brigitte,

    I'm glad you're enjoying it. My other favourite at the moment is tulsi (holy basil) which is an adaptogen - very lifting. I look forward to reading your post!

    Warm wishes, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete