Sunday 25 May 2008

Rose and lemon hand cream

I've been cream cooking! :-) This is an Aromantic recipe for hand cream which we learnt on the course. Among the ingredients are the oils of jojoba, olive, avocado and thistle - a protective and nourishing formula. As the scent I added rose and lemon essential oils, a combination that I find refreshing and lovely.

I was a bit disappointed with the consistency and had to use a thickener towards the end. I'm not sure exactly why but I will confess to talking on the phone at the same time as weighing the ingredients (blush!). Even if it was about elderflower picking, there's no excuse. LOL!

The final consistency is acceptable, but I will need to try it again at some point. Despite the consistency, this is a really lovely hand cream to use. I've been in need of one for a while, so my hands are happy. :-)

Share on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment