Saturday 5 April 2008

Lemon musk perfume

I'm sitting surrounded by essential oils this evening! :-) I've just tried out a ladies perfume. Instead of using an alcohol base, this time I tried out jojoba oil. Apparently a perfume oil is supposed to stay on longer. 
I've made up a very small amount as it's an experiment. Here's the ingredients list:
  • 42 drops jojoba oil
  • 6 drops bergamot
  • 1 drop patchouli
  • 1 drop samarkand musk
That makes a mixture of 16% essential oils to base oil, which is a perfume strength blend (around 6% would be an eau de toilette strength).

It should have about 3-6 weeks for the oils to become acquainted. I've just tried it on anyway and all I can smell at the moment is the musk, powerful scent that it is! If this doesn't change as it matures I will need to increase the other ingredients by about x2 or x3.
Now I just need to think of a name for it...

Share on Facebook

1 comment:

  1. As this is "maturing" the bergamot is becoming more apparent and the musk smell is more in proportion. I like it! It's got the freshness of citrus and the sensuousness of musk.

    ReplyDelete