Uses for nettle root tincture:-
- 2-4ml taken 3 times a day during the hayfever season to alleviate the symptoms (although capsules of the freeze dried herb are said to be the most effective). It is also used for other allergies.
- Irritable bladder, and gall bladder inflammation
- It is prescribed in cases of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), or prostate enlargement.
- Taken internally, it is said to help in cases of childhood eczema. It can also be added to an ointment and applied topically.
- Rubbed into the scalp for healthy hair and scalp, and prevention of hair loss.
- Pick nettles, lots of them, pulling up as much of the root as possible.
- I chopped off the roots (saving the leaves for other uses), pulled off all the bits and gave them a good wash and then chopped them up using scissors.
- I've just used an empty vodka bottle, put the chopped roots in and covered them in vodka
- Let it brew for 2 weeks in a warm place and give it a shake every day
- Strain off and store in a dark glass bottle
Share on Facebook