Friday 28 March 2008

Cayenne pepper for colds!

I recently started reading up on cayenne pepper in a book called 'The Health Benefits of Cayenne' by John Heinerman (you can get it secondhand for 1p on Amazon!). 

It's always exciting to discover that something that has been sitting in the cupboard all that time has so many amazing uses as a home healer. I'll blog more about it soon, but here I want to share a simple suggestion from the book that acts as a preventative for colds. I tried it recently, feeling the onset of a cold, and... well, I didn't get one.

You mix 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, 1 teaspoon of honey and the juice of 1 lemon in a mug with some hottish water. And then (don't stop to think about it) just drink! It will warm you up, I promise. ;-)
Apparently cayenne pepper helps massively with the absorption of Vitamin C by the body. I've started using it more often: a sprinkle on my veggies, or sometimes I do just have a little bit in an ordinary lemon and honey - for a bit of added kick!

Update! Although I still eat lots of lemons, my favourite cold remedy is now Echinacea and Siberian Ginseng.

Share on Facebook

1 comment: