Sunday 30 March 2008

Calendula Cream

A couple of weeks ago I made Calendula cream from an Aromantic recipe, with Jojoba as the base oil. I'm so pleased with it! It's simple, unscented and has a healing feel to it. My skin wasn't feeling so great at the time and I've been using it as my daily face cream - as well as hand cream - since, and to a positive effect (although I think that generally I would keep it for particular skin issues).

The humble pot marigold - or calendula (calendula officinalis)- is an amazingly healing plant. The famous herbalists Nicholas Culpeper and John Gerard apparently called it a "comforter of the heart and spirits". It makes a soothing cream that is good for many skin complaints including dry, cracked or chapped skin, eczema, cuts, grazes and wounds, insect stings, and varicose veins. Phew - is that all?!

Share on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment